Dong Van Karst Plateau Global Geopark, Twins Mountain, Happy Road, Rice Terraced Mountains, Red Dao culture, Hmong culture (linen weaving village), local homestay, Hmong King Palace, Ma Pi Leng pass, and the local markets (if on Saturday or Sunday morning).
Exploring the highlights of Ha Giang province with local guides, you will experience beautiful landscapes, cultures, historical monument and famous landmarks.
DAY 1: HA GIANG CITY – QUAN BA – YEN MINH – MEO VAC – MA PI LENG PASS – DONG VAN
Start at 7:30 or 8:00am when your guide pick you up from your hotel or hostel.
– Driving motorbike to go to Bac Sum Pass → Going up the Heaven Gate to enjoy the twin mountains and the whole view of Tam Son town.Then hop-on your mtoorbikes, drive to the peak of Ma Pi Leng pass which gives stunning views of the mountains and sweeping valleys. Ma Pi Leng Pass is not long but it is the most dangerous pass in the northern border mountain area. It is considered as the “King” of the Vietnam‟s pass or Great Wall of Vietnam or the Pyramid of the Meo. At the top of Ma Pi Leng mount is the “happiness” road, there has a stone stele recording the marks in the construction process. Ma Pi Leng pass is considered the unique regional heritage about landscape and geomorphology; pass peak area is considered as one of the most beautiful viewpoint to enjoy the panoramic in Vietnam; alley Nho Que River is one of the most unique tectonic valley in Vietnam. Scenery in Ma Pi Leng pass is unique with majestic and wild beauty. Looking to the north and northeast, thousands of gray mountains concatenate to the horizon. Net to the road is abyss, below is the Nho Que River with cool water. Overnight at a homestay in Dong Van.
DAY 2: DONG VAN – H’MONG KING PALACE – SUNG LA – LUNG TAM VILLAGE – QUAN BA – HA GIANG
At 8:00AM after breakfast, check-out your hotel and hop-on your motorbike to visit the palace of the H‟mong king, which was a royal family of high rank during French colonial rule – this palace attracts keen interest from architecturally minded visitors due to its mixed style of European and Chinese architecture. The Hmong King Palace is located in the Sa Phin commune, Dong Van district, Ha Giang province in the northeast Vietnam. In the early nineteenth century, the Vuong family controlled the entire region and Vuong Duc Chinh, head of the family, proclaimed himself “king of the H‟Mong”. To reinforce his power, King H‟mong built a palace-fortress. During his reign, the charismatic king attracted a lot of attention when he and other Meo residents joined forces with Ho Chi Minh to gain national freedom. Legend has it that the king who built the palace first consulted a Chinese feng shui master to decide on a location for the structure. The site in the Sa Phin Valley was supposedly chosen as the terrain resembled a turtle shell, the turtle representing a long life and wealth in local lore.
The construction began in 1919 and lasted eight years. The architecture of the building bears highly artistic value imitated the Chinese ancient architecture (Man Thanh dynasty). It was not only a building but also a fort in the middle of rocky highland. And then we drive pass Pho Cao, Sung La village. We will stop by these villages to visit H‟mong families and interact with the locals. It‟s once again a very enjoyable ride today that you will see amazing mountain view of the Rock Plateau. Then lunch in Trang Kim village before heading back to Ha Giang city.
Finish and end of the tour around 5:00 – 6:00pm in Ha Giang city. Then we will arrange your drop-off transfer to Ha Giang bus station where you can catch a bus back to Hanoi.
– At your hostel or hotel
– Bus station or at your hotel or at our homestay
THINGS TO BRING
– Comfortable, clothes, shoes, sunscreen and mosquito repellent.
– Car/ Motorbike, speak english guide, meals, water, travel visiting tickets
– Accommodation: hotel room and home-stay
– Permits to enter the border areas in Hagiang (Quan Ba, Yen Minh, Dong Van, Meo Vac)
– Soft drinks, personal travel insurance, tips and other personal expense
Price: Please contact us